x-3

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

x-3

Postby Capt. Moosedoom » Tue May 23, 2006 11:47 pm

so...who's a gonna go see it? :D
hippie and jimmy do not neeed to answer by the way, I already know.

If it's good then I'll tell them anyways cus I'll probubly see it before them anyways, ...*cough*friday*cough*...
:roll: :lol: :D :shock: :? :( :) :D :arrow: :wink:
That's me! : about.me/ginozacostuming
Capt. Moosedoom
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Ikyoto » Thu May 25, 2006 11:56 am

First mattenee Friday both me and my son are there. It's our birthday (same day, just a 33 year gap) so he gets the day off school and I get to bail out on mowing the lawn after my classes end for the three day weekend.
just a 10-4 guy in a 9-5 world
Keeping them from kicking our asses for talking about it like they aren't going to kick our asses for talking about it is the hard part.

Ninja Squirrel says... Nothing. Your nuts are already gone.
Ikyoto
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Dragon Star » Thu May 25, 2006 3:23 pm

You have the same birth-date? Wow, that was some present... :wink:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Thu May 25, 2006 4:25 pm

I think I'll take my daughter this Saturday. It should be a good movie, the trailers look great and the first two were pretty good.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Ikyoto » Fri May 26, 2006 1:13 am

CONFRIMED: WOLVERINE MOVIE!

to quote jackman on TV Guide interview:
There WILL be a Wolverine movie because I'm working on it! There have been two drafts already.

WHOO HOO!

And the ending of the movie is a suprise. Various members of the cast shot three different ones.
Keeping them from kicking our asses for talking about it like they aren't going to kick our asses for talking about it is the hard part.

Ikyoto
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby hippietrekx » Fri May 26, 2006 1:25 am

Wolverine? Movie?

ONLY MY MOST FAVORITE X-PERSON!

Holy Jesus Kitty! I'm really excited. Not to mention the new Superman movie is my birthday present from God. (It's realeased on June 30, the 101st aniversary of the publication of special realitvity, and my 17th birthday.)

--hippie, comic junkie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Ikyoto » Sat May 27, 2006 12:54 am

They'd better not hoak up the big red S this time. The Reeve movies made me gack even back when I was a kid.

My whole family is going to X-3. My wife thinks Beast is the coolest character ever made and I want to check the FX. The two boys are going to see things blow up... and my daughter is staying home with a cold and the attitude that comic books are for people who can't understand science.

Can't really be mad at her for that...

Ikyoto
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby hippietrekx » Sat May 27, 2006 3:32 am

Comic books are for the un-diagnosed insane. I understand science, I just wish I could bend all those laws a little. Then we'd have some real fun. Plus, most new comic book movies made now are really good about putting a tad bit of science into the explanation, but leaving it vauge enough that logic isn't a distraction during the movie. Yup.

--hippie, she who has homework
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Mon May 29, 2006 12:33 pm

Welll hippie....I couldn't go to x-3 eve nif I wanted to. As it turns out I have an optomitrist appopintment. Whooo!! I heart going to the eye doctor....I am not sure why, but I do.......
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

St. Jimmy wrote:Welll hippie....I couldn't go to x-3 eve nif I wanted to. As it turns out I have an optomitrist appopintment. Whooo!! I heart going to the eye doctor....I am not sure why, but I do.......

No, it's cool. I like the dentist. Not the guy, the visit.

But it's cool because you were being all nice and stuff by not going and pissing off my friends. I need to give you a hug for that. (gee, all your hugs are piling up... you should take some soon...)

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Tue May 30, 2006 11:37 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing it. X-2 wasn't that bad.

I still don't get why people like Wolverine so much, though.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed May 31, 2006 12:00 am

I don't either, he doesn't even have any real kick ass abilities...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Ikyoto » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:55 am

He heals any soft tissue wound about as soon as it happens and has unbreakable bones, six 14 inch razors.

What do normal humans have?

And for the record - anyone going for "plot" or "acting" should avoid it. It's eye candy and FX.

Ikyoto
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:04 am

In that case I should love it, after all, I am one of those rare fans of "war or the worlds". :roll:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:23 am

Ikyoto wrote:He heals any soft tissue wound about as soon as it happens and has unbreakable bones, six 14 inch razors.

Well, I don't dislike him because of lack of abilities, but lack of likable personality and... well... lack of forethought.

He's just a character that seems completely overrated by the fanboyz, IMO. His personality is simply, "rough and tough". I mean, sure, that's perfectly okay, but then add in the fact that he does things that just aren't cool.

for example, in X-2, when the "bad guys" were going about trying to capture the mutant children, they were using nonlethal force. Wolverine decided to start going around and kill everyone, so they upgraded to lethal force. At any moment, their lethal rounds could have penetrated a wall and killed a kid. So Wolverine went out of his way to make the situation more volatile and dangerous, and yet he supposedly cares.

I dunno, I just can't really like him. I would comment on how overdone his abilities grow in the future setting of X-Men, but then I'd have to comment on how overdone the abilities of most of the mutants are in general. There's quite a few reasons I don't read superhero comics, especially Marvel comics.

But still, there are a few I liked... Cyclops and Bandit from the show, for instance, were neat. Bandit actually had some non-mutant skills, too, unlike Storm, who was a whiny bitch whenever she lost her powers.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby SciFi Chick » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:29 pm

The thing that makes Wolverine likable is that he is a complex character with human failings. In fact, most of the X-Men are like that. He doesn't follow blindly, and yes, sometimes he screws up, but he learns from his mistakes.

I did have to agree with the Phoenix about him being declawed there for a bit. I hate it when he follows Storm's orders.
"Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense." -River
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Return to Music, Television and The Movies