black kitty

Off-Topic conversations about what ever you feel like talking about.

black kitty

Postby wring » Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm

(as an aside, Enzo didn't name kitties, but rather described them - at one point he had mom cat, yellow cat, older black kitty, black kitty and itty bitty black kitty- this one is none of those, currently we have black kitty and yellow kitty, both are long hair maine coone ish)

Anyone who enters our apt is always treated to the black kitty show. She jumps up on the table and starts strutting around like "hi there, aren't I pretty? Don't you want to give me treats? I like treats. They're right here...." then will paw the treat bag, paw your arm, cock her head, paw the treats, pulling them closer to you etc etc etc. Seriously a treat whore. She will approach me at my chair and paw at my leg, paw the drawer where the treats are, same deal.

So, imagine my surprise when I brought home a new bag of temptations treats (she really likes all versions of them, well...) a new version, called tenderfulls or something like that. I gave her a couple, she sniffed, tried to grab one, spit it out, then went back to me with "um, I asked for TREATS. I don't know what horrible thing you gave me was, but it wasn't TREATS."

A lesson I learned from Enzo was "if you have a story to tell, call the company - you might even get some freebies". so I did. I had the woman on the phone in stitches with description of black kitties antics, and yep, she's going to send me a coupon for free treats. in the meantime, there's other folks in the building who own cats and they'll get a nearly full bag of treats.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Re: black kitty

Postby Arneb » Wed May 15, 2024 10:57 am

Black kitty will be very satisfied with her personnel going to the appropriate lengths to keep her treated.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Richard A » Wed May 15, 2024 11:38 am

One would hope, but sadly cats are a lot better with feelings of entitlement than with gratitude. It's one of the differences between them and dogs.

But yes, I can well imagine the laughter of the woman on the phone!
Richard A
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed May 15, 2024 4:13 pm

*tips hat*
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby g-one » Wed May 15, 2024 7:13 pm

Hope you're not setting a precedent for a more fussy cat. :)
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Мастер » Fri May 17, 2024 4:54 am

Our black kitty got into the Temptations last night (perhaps lid not properly secured), ate quite a large quantity, and then puked them up.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby wring » Fri May 17, 2024 4:46 pm

at one point we had a large container, plastic with a plastic lid that had a flip top to get the treats out, filled with treats. we quickly learned that wasn't a good idea, since black kitty knocked it to the ground and got the lid open and it was always treat time. yellow kitty would simply look at her like "huh". unless yellow kitty sees you drop the treat down in front of her, she doesn't seem to know what to do. I've even seen her sit on treats and look around like 'where did it go?'.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Here There Be Llamas