20 Questions

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Postby KLA2 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:00 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:I figure your lads are not from The States.

Bill, sometimes your comments are too concise. For me, anyway. :oops:

Who are you responding to, and what are you saying???
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:05 pm

This comment must have been made from outside the organism that feeds and supports and protects and defends the person who made the comment:
troubleagain wrote:Ha! You took a shit in the place that is the Capitol of BullSh*t!
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm not sure what you mean, Bill. Are you implying that just because I'm a citizen of this fine country that I should not or cannot criticize the politicians that run it?
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

troubleagain wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, Bill. Are you implying that just because I'm a citizen of this fine country that I should not or cannot criticize the politicians that run it?

That is a logical falasy because you did not criticize. It is healthy to criticize. That is not what you have done. Trying to sneek in the notion that you are just being critical to lighten your earlier comments is under-handed.

If the system itself is objectionable to you, leave. Find another system that is not objectionable that you can work within. On the other hand, if you have a mental problem, and all systems are objectionable, find the right medicines to help you.

There are lots of people outside the United States who would do just about anything to be a part of the political experiement that is the USA's system of a representative government of the people for the people and by the people. You just might be taking up the space of someone who would love and deserve to be here.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:49 pm

No falacies, no underhandedness. I absolutely believe that all politicians got to be where they are because they are supreme bullshitters. The system happens to be the best one I know of, but it certainly isn't perfect. And you know what? I'm entitled to say anything I want about it. That's the beauty of the system you seem to think is so perfect. Feel free to criticize me as you wish, as that is also your right, but you have an amazingly short fuse from joke to major offensiveness. ::shrug:: You can maybe jerk other peoples' chains that way, but not mine. Really, I have to wonder about your blood pressure if you're so touchy about criticism that isn't even pointed at you.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Previous

Return to Current Events and Politics