The practice of metzizah b'peh

Is it okay to kill in the name of God? Can ethics, morals and technology peacefully co-exist?

The practice of <i>metzizah b'peh</i>

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 pm

Oh my...

The New York Daily News wrote:The Daily News first reported in February that the city Health Department was investigating whether Rockland County-based Rabbi Yitzchok Fischer gave herpes to a baby through the practice of metzizah b'peh - in which the rabbi uses his mouth to suck blood from the circumcision wound. The baby later died.

More at: Mike caught in row over rabbi's herpes

NewsSource13 wrote:Under Jewish law, a mohel - someone who performs circumcisions - draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth, called "metzizah bi peh."

More at: Herpes May Be Connected to Circumcision

So if the Catholics Priests referred to it as "The Ancient Practice of Sodomizing Young Boys", perhaps it would be okay...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Puma » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:54 am

..circumcision should be a "choice" made by a young man at a more appropriate age...say, starting at the age of 8 or so...what is rarely mentioned in the news is that male babies whose parents have chosen this procedure for them usually become badly infected, causing tissue and neural damage...remember, babies wear diapers and they usually go for awhile wearing their waste products before Mom or Dad finally decides to change them...I do not approve of this procedure on baby boys...it may also limit penile growth...
It's almost here...........
Puma
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Eroica » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:34 am

Why is it that female circumcision is generally regarded as a barbaric practice, whereas male circumcision is still tolerated? When practised on infants, male or female, circumcision is noting less than a form of abuse - genital mutilation. It should be outlawed.

If an adult, on the other hand, wishes to be circumcised ... well, that's their own affair.
Traulich und treu ist's nur in der Tiefe:
Falsch und feig ist was dort oben sich freut!
Eroica
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Candy » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:19 pm

Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) in Africa, The Middle East & Far East
"The importance given to virginity and an intact hymen in these societies is the reason why female circumcision still remains a very widespread practice despite a growing tendency, especially in urban Egypt, to do away with it as something outdated and harmful. Behind circumcision lies the belief that, by removing parts of girls' external genitals organs, sexual desire is minimized. This permits a female who has reached the dangerous age of puberty and adolescence to protect her virginity, and therefore her honor, with greater ease. Chastity was imposed on male attendants in the female harem by castration which turned them into inoffensive eunuchs. Similarly female circumcision is meant to preserve the chastity of young girls by reducing their desire for sexual intercourse."

According to this website, the opposite of female circumcision would be male castration. :shock:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby gillianren » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:28 pm

absolutely. it doesn't take much research to find out how horrible female circumcision (a misnomer, in my opinion) is. as to reducing penile growth . . . well, I've always felt obsession about penile length to be childish, so maybe it would be appropriate if said length were stunted by something done in infancy?
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to Religion and Spirituality