The 'Lake Michigan Triangle' Mystery

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

The 'Lake Michigan Triangle' Mystery

Postby KLA2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:00 pm

For our Michigan members - you do not have to go to Bermuda! :lol:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 703767/pg1

The Lake Michigan triangle is said to have similar characteristics of the Bermuda Triangle and is said to be a place of ghost ships, strange disappearances and even UFO sightings.

"There's been some strange disappearances out there, there's been many ships that have been lost that haven't been found."

Bill Wangemann is a historian from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. He's spent a lifetime gathering tales about the Lake Michigan triangle ...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 am

Yep. This is told to all the little kids in MI who get into this sort of thing when they're 10 years old. Most grow out of it when they discover girls, though. :lol:

And no, Enzo and I have nothing to do with those disappearances. We weren't testing Death Ray prototypes on any of those dates. Really we weren't. You don't believe us? Where you at? Huh? Where?

Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:47 am

I guess we should ask what is inadequate about the hypothesis, "there are a lot of storms on Lake Michigan"?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 am

Storms, sure. But what about them ghost ships and UFO's, huh? Huh? :P
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 am

Gitchigumi
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby KLA2 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Enzo wrote:Gitchigumi

Isn't that Superior?
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Superior to what? :wink:
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 am

Yeah, I just like the sound of it.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby KLA2 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

troubleagain wrote:Superior to what? :wink:

Superior being, as in an old American Indian god, as opposed to a Supreme being, as in Diana Ross. :wink:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 am

Diana Ross sank the Edmund Fitz?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:41 am

And then there's this: http://io9.com/5130669/another-stonehen ... e-michigan

What has Enzo been up to?

Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 am

Looks like his experimental playing field for sub marine cricket / croquet, to me ... could become a national sport, but I wouldn't hold my breath ... 8)

That's no Mastodon. That's a self-portrait of Enzo titled "Just Glad to See You". :lol:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:54 am

Go ahead, mock. Those ancient native American Druids built that on the bottom of the Lake to predict eclipses and solstices, or perhaps high tides.

I am trying to imagine when they could have built that. During the ice age, they would have been scoured away by the glacial ice - the glaciers that carved the lakebed out of bedrock in the first place. When the glaciers receded, it was by melting. The lakebeds would be full of water. I was not aware of a period where the lakes were dug out but empty. In fact, as the glaciers receded, until the St.Lawrence opened up, the lake levels were much higher than they are today. Ancestral lake Erie covered about half of Ohio.

If I had to guess what that was, I'd say it was the loose crap in a lake atop or within the glacier. When the glacier melted away (they don;t back up when they recede) this stuff dropped to the floor of the lakebed. The circular pattern would be from the more or less circular shape of the glacier surface melt pond. I forget the name of this sort of thing, my geomorphology classes were 40 some years ago. I am more familiar with kames and eskers and drumlins.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby KLA2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 am

^ Well analyzed and said, Enzo. 8)
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Suuuurrre ... what fun is that? You need to come up with some sort of theory about aliens, ancient advanced cultures and Bigfoot (Bigfeet? A whole community of them?) in order to get any interest in this subject, you know?

Science ... bah!

Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:04 am

FIne...

There was an advanced race of aliens who lived here before the glaciers came. They saw the glaciers coming and installed a protective force dome over their most holy stone shrines, before leaving the Earth to return in the far future. This protected the shrines from the glaciers, but they then fell through to the floor of the lake.

The aliens had left behind their race of large work creatures to tend the machinery until they returned. We occasionally see one of these creatures and we call them bigfoot. They did an admiral job - at the zenith of job performance, I'd say - (Oh GEee, admiral...zenith... Brands of TVs??? Admirable/admiral?) - of caring for the force dome, and it landed the shrine on the floor of Lake Michigan intact. But now out of reach of the caretaking bigfoots. Over time the force dome failed and eroded away, leaving the shrine in the water on the lake bed.

To this day, the bigfoots remain, but they are very embarassed they have not been able to care for the shrine, so they hide. That is why we don;t often see the elusive creatures.

But they are a creature who loves a good time, and every now and then we catch a glimpse of them out and about driving tiny cars and playing brass band instruments while all dressed in feathered costumes.

We call them...

Shriners.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:02 am

Ooof!

Even with all the time I've known you, I did NOT see this one coming. That was quite the build up.

Sigh ...

Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 am

The long winter nights are obviously taking their toll ... :lol:

Shrine on, baby. 8)
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes