I just saw an unidentified flying object...

Have you seen a UFO?

I just saw an unidentified flying object...

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:39 am

So I was looking out the window to see if there was still any danger of electrical storms, as they've been going on to the east of here all afternoon. Then I notice a strange green light moving about off in the distance between the trees! At first I thought it was a meteor, but it didn't move in a straight line. Rather, it repeatedly swooped down and looped back up.

I ran into the other room to grab a pair of binoculars and a diffraction grating. I thought maybe someone was playing with a green laser pointer, although the motion seemed a bit too smooth to be guided by a human hand. In any case, that theory was disproven when I put the diffraction grating up to the eyepiece of the binoculars: this light was emitting a band spectrum, not a single wavelength like a laser does.

As I strained to glimpse the appearance of this fast moving object in the dark, I was able to vaguely make out that the light itself was elongated vertically, and that it was part of a myserious dark shape - maybe a cylinder tilted at an angle, or possibly even triangular! :shock: Slowly, as I watched it, it dawned on me what this object really is. I know exactly what is shaped like that, what moves in that fashion...

A kite. Someone decided they wanted to fly a kite in the wind, and since it was night time they attached one of those chemiluminescent glow sticks in order to be able to see it. :P
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 am

That was riveting. I was on the edge of my seat when, about 3/4 of the way through I thought "there won't be an answer, this will end with questions". Wasn't it a pleasant surprise to find out that, not only is the world safe but you resolved the mystery too.

Good story!!!

Thank you for sharing that with us.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:10 am

Lance wrote:Good story!!!

Why thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

Thank you for sharing that with us.

I'm always happy to share these things. :)
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Cl1mh4224rd » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:12 am

But I think-- wait, I mean... I know the real question is, "Why would anyone fly a kite at night?" Surely it must go deeper. There must be something sinister about this night-time kite-flying. We must find out the truth here.

And by "find out" I mean make irrational and unfounded claims about... anything.
Cl1mh4224rd
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby hippietrekx » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:48 pm

:D Flying kites at night is fun! When it's cloudy, because when it's clear, I drag out the scope and annoy the neighbors by asking them to shut off their flood light for the night.

Anyway, I'm the definition of insominac, and I mean at 2 am nothing's on TV and only the aussies are online, so I find other stuff to do. Like draw Albert Einstein. Or update my website. Or do homework. Or, yes, fly a kite. I made mine out of a white garbage bag, so as long at there's a little moon light, I don't need any glow in the dark assistance.

So? Who wants to have me declaired a governmental paid hoaxer and hang me over at GLP?! :lol:

--hipster
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:42 am

Obviously a distraction, if you had looked behind you, you would have seen a black helicopter.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:22 am

Unfortunately, the windows only face north and west... there aren't any that face opposite where the [strike]kite[/strike] UFO was. :(
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:24 am

Which is exactly why the black helicopter was on that side in the first place...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby I Am He » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:15 am

You mean to say, Cl1mh4224rd. That you're not supose to fly kites at night?? Then what should I do when my date tells me to go fly a kite at 2:AM?? :D
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:52 am

Attach a glow stick to it. 8-[ :D
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to UFOs, Aliens and Extraterrestrial Intelligence