Now you see me - 2

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

Now you see me - 2

Postby Enzo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 am

The wife loved the original, and now wanted to see this sequel just out.

If you liked the first one, this one ought to be OK. If you hated the first one, stay home from this.

We went to the nice Lay-Z-Boy chair theater, though even there, two and a half hours int the chair are stiffening.

And LOUD, they just can show movies unless they are deafening. Lots of subwoofer, so everything that makes noise has an underlying rumble going on, whether it would ever do that in real life or not.

Brief moments of relative quiet always precede the endless stream of deep reverberant drum hits. SO each one startles the ear. It is fatiguing. I doubt other movies are any different though. This one had a synthy droning score that just went on and on... for me anyway. Oh and more drum hits. COnstant disco drum hits. Lots of activity and motion, all of which had to have drum hits. I remember Van Helsing was two hours of constant explosions and screaming. This had fewer explosions, but plenty of loud bursts.

Plot? Not sure if it had one really. If you saw the first one, it is more stuff like that. Super elaborate illusions, both for audiences and of course for the groups covert shenanigans. Most of the old characters are back, a new young woman to replace the former main one. And a new main character enters mid movie.

Personally I think it was trying way to hard to be unpredictable and twisty. Trying to keep us guessing who is up to what and who is not what you think, and so on.

I don't regret seeing it, if nothing else sitting in a theater fully clothed to see a movie is a novelty to me. But I wasn't blown away or anything. Lots of action and things going on. Like the first one, there is a sort of Mission Impossible sense to it.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Now you see me - 2

Postby Lance » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:59 pm

We liked the first one okay. I'll look forward to this one making its way to HBO or Starz.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lianachan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:05 pm

I wasn't a fan of the first one, so I'll take your advice and skip this. I'll probably watch it on TV some time, but can't imagine I'll be going out of my way to catch it.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby tubeswell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:26 pm

Thanks for that Enzo. I kind of think I vaguely remember seeing the 1st movie. Your review has saved me the bother of googling it to spike my memory.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Enzo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:03 am

I thought as I was sitting there that this would have been much better in my underwear, stretched out on the couch under a blanket at home.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Music, Television and The Movies