"Lost" fans? (Possible Spoilers)

Great song? Good show? Bad movie? What should be enjoyed and what should be avoided.

"Lost" fans?

Postby drizzt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:37 pm

Any theories?
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Lance » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:16 pm

I'm a "Lost" junkie but I really don't have any theories.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:20 pm

I haven't seen a single episode of "Lost", but I have tons of theories.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby drizzt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Lance wrote:I'm a "Lost" junkie but I really don't have any theories.

Same here. I just like to hear other peoples thoughts. I gave up trying to predict things about the show halfway through season 1...
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Lance » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:32 pm

Me too. They're really good at keeping you guessing. I love the way the tie earlier, seemingly unrelated events together later.

Here's one that I'm still waiting to see tied in, and haven't ever seen anyone else mention:

Do you remember the one where Jin went to some guy's house to make a "collection" on behalf of his father-in-law? There was a TV on in the living room of the house, and Hurley was on the TV.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby drizzt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:48 pm

I did not catch that! I saw Sayid on the TV when Kate visited her dad in the recruiting office though. Were they interviewing Hurley at the store where he bought his ticket?

I like the tie-in's too. I wish they would address it in the show. "Hey, I saw you on TV, you're the ...".

No point to make here, but I was stationed on Oahu for 3 years. If you have the $$, it's an awesome place to live. My oldest son was born there. If he manages to graduate from H.S., we are taking him to see his birthplace (and maybe catch some filming of a "Lost" epi. :lol: ).
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby ToSeek » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:35 pm

And the shark the folks on the boat ran into had a "Dharma" logo on its fin.

I ran into one of the writer/producers at the science fiction convention I attended in LA last month. All he would say was:

- They do know where the story is going.
- They're not all dead.
Everything I need to know I learned by Googling.
ToSeek
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby drizzt » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:31 pm

Too bad you didn't run into Evangeline Lilly... :oops:
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:13 pm

OMG I am like a ubber lost fan, I am so glad some of you all like it, we can use this thread for chatting about episodes :D

YAY...I'm happy now.

I don't have any theories about the show because it changes so much with every second something happens, but I will put one together soon.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:36 pm

My one and only theory on "Lost" is as follows:
The only reason you can never guess what's going to happen is because the script/story writers are making it up as they go along.

Or, I could be wrong. lol.

-St. Jimmy
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:46 pm

That seems to be a popular theory.
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Postby teri tait » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:37 am

I have never seen this show, "Lost", I've never even heard of it. Have I been living too far under my rock? How long has it been on and what is it about?
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby St. Jimmy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:00 am

:shock: GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick everybody!!!!! Intervention time for teri!!!!!! She needs to be introduced to the greatness of 'Lost'!!!!!!!!!!!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 am

St. Jimmy wrote::shock: GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick everybody!!!!! Intervention time for teri!!!!!! She needs to be introduced to the greatness of 'Lost'!!!!!!!!!!!

But...so...much...information, can't...be...done...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:02 am

Dragon Star wrote:

Don't panic, just give me the basics, when and where does it come on? What exactly is lost?
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby drizzt » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:05 pm

teri tait wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:

Don't panic, just give me the basics, when and where does it come on? What exactly is lost?

Wednesday on ABC @ 9:00 (usually)

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/about.html

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of a mysterious creature stalking the jungle, as well as a polar bear, a marooned and possibly crazy French woman, a mystical boar, a mysterious group known only as "The Others," a ship called The Black Rock and... a hatch.

That's the "about Lost" from ABC but the show is so much more. As Dragon stated, there is just too much information to cover. There is a good forum where you can catch up though: www.lost-forum.com
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby drizzt » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:13 pm

Dragon Star wrote:OMG I am like a ubber lost fan, I am so glad some of you all like it, we can use this thread for chatting about episodes :D

What did you think about last nights epi?
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Last nights episode was slow, but it is setting up for next weeks episode, which is going too rock the house...

I can't figure out why Sun is still sad about having this baby, and why so many miracles happen on this island, it's just....weird.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:38 pm

YAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my mom is stupid and took over the T.V. last night so I didn't get to see 'Lost'!!! What happened!!!??? Did I miss anything good?!?!?! Fill me in PLEASE!!!!!
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Oh boy...

Ok, Locke and Dock are still having trust issues (that are getting worse) so Locke has Anna come in and talk to the prisoner and see if she can get any good info out of him, and he gives her a map to his Balloon because she asked somewhat nicely.

So Anna, Syed (sp?), an Charlie went out to search for the baloon...they get there and nothing is there, so they split up in search for it.

As that was going on, Jin and Sun were fighting about her safety because they still think a "other" took her from the garden. It goes to her and Jin's history and it tells us that Jin is sterile, and can not have children. After fighting with him she starts showing signs of pregnancy, so she goes to Sawyer to get a pregnancy test, and is positive, she is indeed pregnant. But how?

Things are starting to get weird, and next weeks episode is going to be shit hitting the fan, big-time. I believe that the timer is going to go all the way this time, and we finally get to see what may happen as a result.

(Just a note, Anna and the others do finally find the balloon from the previews for next week, but something is going to happen after they find it, but we don't know what)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:12 pm

Ok, wow. So basically I just missed alot of build-up for the next episode? Jin is pregnant?! That's weird... really weird, then again it's a weird show.

-St. Jimmy, B.O.R.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:14 pm

Yep, and you can NOT miss the next episode, it is going too be amazingly informative...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:28 pm

From: http://www.thetailsection.com/spoilage/ ... oilers.php

[spoiler]Episode 2.17: Lockdown

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry. Katey Sagal guest stars.

Word on the street is that [Locke] will be on crutches for the remainder of the season...Lets just say The Hatch strikes back.

Here is some weird info I dug up, this is posted on one of the "fake" company websites...[/spoiler]
View the FAX
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby drizzt » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:33 pm

Dragon Star wrote:So Anna, Syed (sp?), an Charlie went out to search for the baloon...

Did you notice that Henry Gale (the prisoner) told Locke and Jack that Anna and Sayid went to find the balloon. How could he have known that? I doubt Anna even told him that she was going to approach Sayid about it...
drizzt
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:40 pm

You know, I don't remember his saying that he knew who went before anyone said anything, but if your right it verifies that [spoiler] he is indeed an "other"[/spoiler]
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Next

Return to Music, Television and The Movies