Resolved: What happened last night?

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

Postby Lance » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:04 pm

Well then, Animal in light of all the hassle you've caused here I think I must now force you to pay double.

Everyone:

I immediately recognized Animal's OP as a joke and started playing along from the very beginning. The only serious thing in this whole thread has been my denial of changing the avatar. That really was someone else, but no "hacking" was involved.

Oh, and Animal will have to pay double now. That was serious too.

(I have never asked for, or collected one red cent from anyone for this web site.)
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby azazul » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:14 pm

Animal wrote:Don't try to deny hacking my box. I have logs showing snmp traffic from your router to my firewall.

Strange, I have been receiving some recent attacks myself. People keep hacking into my box and creating all kinds of havoc in there. The logs even show that they were viewing some of the theories I have been writing up on my computer that explain in great detail how the surface of the sun has changed from 5500C to 5800C in the past 40 years. They probably did this so that they would have time to prepare their lies for when I post it on GLP.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:55 pm

I just got a PM from KOS. He's leaving the forum over this.

A) I am PISSED that one of the posters I respected the most is leaving over what ever the hell happened.

B) I am equally pissed AT KOS that he never told me anything was wrong so I could have a chance to fix it.

It's my fucking birthday and now all of a sudden I had THIS drama to deal with.

Jesus, people, this was all in good fun. Where did it go wrong?

I have this place for MY ammusement and enjoyment. The minute it becomes a burdon or a pain in the ass, it's gone.

It's getting close.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the hell happened here?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Animal » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:20 pm

Lance wrote:I just got a PM from KOS. He's leaving the forum over this.

A) I am PISSED that one of the posters I respected the most is leaving over what ever the hell happened.

B) I am equally pissed AT KOS that he never told me anything was wrong so I could have a chance to fix it.

It's my fucking birthday and now all of a sudden I had THIS drama to deal with.

Jesus, people, this was all in good fun. Where did it go wrong?

I have this place for MY ammusement and enjoyment. The minute it becomes a burdon or a pain in the ass, it's gone.

It's getting close.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the hell happened here?

A) Don't blame you. I'm flabbergasted.
B) Can't comment, shouldn't comment, and have no buisness commenting.

I am also leaving so perhaps KOS will come back.

Hasta
Animal
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby MM_Dandy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:29 am

As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Well, I'll be damned.

Of course, I never thought that this prank would cause any casualties, and perhaps the worst of it is, is that not one, but two of our members have departed from us. I apologize for playing a part in this.

To Kruschev's Other Shoe and Animal: please, feel free to come back anytime you wish. When you do, please give me a PM.

To everybody: I'd like to take a moment to remind you that we do have ways to address conflicts between posters. There's a ! button at the upper right hand corner of all posts -- this is basically an anonymous PM to the Admin and Moderators in which you may call to our attention offensive persons or posts. Or you can also PM us, or email us.

The point is, I understand that people will get upset and leave over another post or poster, but at least give us the chance to address the issue and perhaps reach a reasonable solution.

Thanks
-- MM_Dandy
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Мастер » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:34 am

Hey folks,

I am very sorry to have cast a pale shadow, even unintentionally, over this web forum, on Lance's birthday, or on any other day. I don't know if I can set things right, but let me give it a try.

Lance wrote:I just got a PM from KOS. He's leaving the forum over this.

Not over this. It's a great deal more complicated than that. I had first checked out around mid-October, several weeks before this, for almost two weeks, without saying anything to anyone. When I did so, I don't know if I intended to come back or not, but I did. For reasons not worth going into, the forum stopped being fun for me for a while. I came back, and it stopped being fun again.

Some back-channel communication has taken place, and some additional methods for dealing with problems have been suggested to me. Should anyone do anything that bothers me significantly, maybe those procedures will help. Should I do anything that bothers anyone else significantly, I hope that that can be dealt with also.

I think I failed to appreciate fully that this forum is a smaller and more personal place than other web fora. Someone getting ticked off and leaving seems to be a routine event at, for example, BAUT, so I thought my departure would have been little noted nor long remembered. I know I have posted here a lot, but I am after all just one person, and the forum chugged along quite merrily for two weeks without me at the end of October and beginning of November. So I am really surprised that there is talk of the forum's extinction over this. I should feel terrible if that were to happen, and I will try to prevent it.

So with malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the forum's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and for his orphan -- do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and a lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all posters.

So I am back, I hope it will be a lot of fun, for myself and for everyone else.

Lance, again, I am very sorry to have caused problems on any day, and especially on your birthday. I have something I want to do in mind, but I don't know if I can manage it, so I don't want to say what it is and then be unable to deliver. Perhaps more on that later.

Nick
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:46 am

You didn't cause problems KOS. Stuff just happened...

I did notice your absence last time, by the way, but it coincided with my absence of about the same time during my last trip to Sioux Falls. I was going to ask you what had happened but by the time I got back, you did too.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Manly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:52 pm

Well I ain't going nowhere. Even if you guys take the forum down I'll keep hitting this in my favorites and just look at error message screen for a while. That'll show you.
Got my jackboots polished and woo-woo bashin' on my mind.
Mr. Manly
Government Shill
Government Shill

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints