Logon problem

Let me know if something is not working, or you think something could be made better.

Logon problem

Postby KLA2 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:13 pm

Lance, I hesitated to bring up this technical problem in case it was just with MY computer, but I read that St. Jimmy is having problems too.

http://www.illuminati-r-us.com/Forums/v ... 944#103944

For the last 2-3 weeks, whenever I try to log on, IRU starts to come up, but freezes. I have to do a Ctl-Alt-Del, get the “not responding” message, “end program” and try again. This I may have to do 2-3-4 times before successfully logging on. Restarting my computer changes nothing. I have noticed that when it hangs, there is often a message about “Pay Pal image loading” displayed at the bottom of the screen. When I eventually succeed, IRU shows my last visit time as the last unsuccessful logon.

Immediately prior to this problem occurring, I downloaded and installed a “major update” of Norton AV, this one with “anti-pshing”. I suspect a connection.

Thing is, IRU is the only website where I experience this problem.

I auto logon, XP Pro OS, fairly up to date laptop, Intel Celeron processor.

ETA: Also, once I have logged on, I have no problem posting or moving around the board.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Okay, I deleted the Pay-Pal beg. Let's see if that was it.

If so, you may need to add some kind of exception in your A/V because I can't see anything wrong with it.

However...

It is imperative that you tell me about problems like that when they happen, especially if they are repeatable.

I've been making a lot of changes around here in preparation for migrating to the new server and I could very well have broken something.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby KLA2 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:36 pm

OK, I closed IE four times, logged on to IRU, came up flawlessly.

Rebooted, logged on three more times, no problem. Seems fixed.

It is imperative that you tell me about problems like that when they happen, especially if they are repeatable

:shock: Beaver Cleaver voice on/ Gosh, Wally, do you think I should have told Dad about "the problem" right away? I never meant to cause him any trouble ... /off :lol:

Like I said, Lance, I thought if there was a problem outside of my computer, others would have complained. But I am happy to refer all of my future no-fee troubleshooting problems to you from now on. :wink:

I still suspect the Norton upgrade. Anyone else get this upgrade?

ETA: Oh and thanks, Lance, for this forum and all your hard work to maintain it. 8) :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Suggestions, Problems and Complaints