More chickens

Discussions of things currently in the news.

More chickens

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:45 am

SO we have the unfortunate 10-year-old girl in Ohio, who was raped and impregnated. Ohio law now prohibits her getting an abortion. They want to force this little girl to give birth...even if it kills her. She had to go to Indiana to get the procedure.

I predicted a while ago that next thing you know, they will want to issue travel papers, and you couldn't go anywhere without authorization. Only half joking, I was. Well, today it is already happening. A Oklahoma republican rep in congress asked, does that girl have "the right to travel?" They are now talking about travel restriction laws.

Clearer heads tried to introduce a bill to protect the right of women to travel freely. The republicans voted to block it. They didn't want to have to vote on it, or there would be a record of their vote. And this is an election year.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: More chickens

Postby Lance » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:47 pm

It will be a long time before we see the end of the damage Trump started.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Arneb » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:39 pm

I still have the distinct impression that he is still dragging America down. My feeling is if the Republicans win the next Presidency, perhaps along with one or two Chambers, that will be the last free and fair election im America (to the small extent it is free and fair now) in perhaps a century. Republicans have made it abundantly clear they will push for all legal possibilities for minority white rule, and I fully believe them.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:03 pm

They talk about restoring confidence in the elections, but they ONLY source of concern is them yapping constantly about voter fraud that never occurred.

There are these armed "militia" guys, and I wonder, when it goes down, who do you plan to shoot? And what is your post-democracy vision? DO you want it to be like Somalia, with warlords and guys piled into pickup trucks shooting others? If a load of food arrives, you expect to just barge in with guns and TAKE it?
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Current Events and Politics