VOTE

Discussions of things currently in the news.

VOTE

Postby Enzo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Well yesterday was the election here in the USA.

In Michigan, our girl won governor over the right wing fuck, and even our Secy of State and AG won over the right wings. Unfortunately in congressional reps the slime balls won as incumbents.

But we also had three issues. They all won. I guess they were proposals rather than "issues". One was automatic voter registration with driver licensing. And no reason needed absentee ballots. Hey, why not? Make it easy to vote. Another established a non-partisan commission to set voting districts - anti-gerrymandering. We have some incredibly distorted voting districts as the republicans managed to set areas up to maximize their influence. This won handily, yay.

And third? MArijuana. We voted to legalize personal use pot, it won rather easily in fact.

Wring and I have our voting traditions. In our little town City Hall is across the street out our back door. SO we walked over there, past the big chalk line on the pavement - Best I can figure is that is the 50 foot limit - or maybe 100 foot, I don't know - around the poll you cannot campaign within. Went through the line for our precinct and voted. There was no line. Wring handed out rubber duckies to the staff at the polls. Apparently there was a large crowd when the polls opened at 7AM, but we waited until like 2:30PM.

And why did we wait? Wring thought it would take longer, but we were aware the Brewery next door didn't open until 3PM, so... We like to vote, then walk up to the brewery for a pint or two. Voting having taken a full 5 minutes, we sat around City Hall for 25 minutes. Got to the brewery when it opened. I had a lovely stout, the wife tried a mead. My stout was a spur of the moment choice, then on the spur of the momentum I also had a nice hoppy ale. Then we walked back to the home. The brewery got a new duckie out of it. They have a growing lineup of duckies along the trim over the door.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: VOTE

Postby Мастер » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Enzo wrote:And third? MArijuana. We voted to legalize personal use pot, it won rather easily in fact.

Was there any concern that the potheads might not show up at the polls?

Enzo wrote:We like to vote, then walk up to the brewery for a pint or two.

You could have a pint or two, and then go to vote!
Death seed, blind man's greed
Poets starving, children bleed
Nothing he's got he really needs
Twenty-first century schizoid man
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lianachan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Мастер wrote:
Enzo wrote:We like to vote, then walk up to the brewery for a pint or two.

You could have a pint or two, and then go to vote!

Indeed. Then walk up to the brewery for a pint or two.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Arneb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Too bad you can vote only once.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Enzo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Well I did have two pints.

The alcohol content of all the brews are listed, and due to some law, they cannot sell a full pint of some - I think it is anything over 8%. They can only sell you 12 ounces or smaller. Of course I can order two of them if I like. SO I can buy 12 oz or 24 oz, but not 16 oz. Something else to ponder as I bask in the glow of good citizenship.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lianachan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:36 pm

A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby wring » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 am

yeah, as was mentioned by one pundit, republicans voted for 2 indicted guys and a dead brothel owner. the flip side is the dems couldn't even win against 2 indicted guys and a dead brothel owner.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Current Events and Politics