BTK Killer

Discussions of things currently in the news.

BTK Killer

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:41 pm

Relatives Call BTK Killer a 'Monster'
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - BTK serial killer Dennis Rader is a "monster" who caused indescribable pain to the families of his victims, tearful relatives testified Thursday at his sentencing hearing. Rader himself expressed remorse in a rambling statement.

What a smug son of a bitch! :evil:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 pm

I've often wondered what kind of demons someone that sick has to live with. It must be awful.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:01 pm

Lance wrote:I've often wondered what kind of demons someone that sick has to live with.

Well, perhaps now, the demon he'll have to live with is a three hundred pound guy with no hair named "bubba" who thinks the BTK guy is attractive...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:02 pm

That's just it, he hasn't talked of any demons. He appears to be quite 'normal', except for the desire to dominate.

Last night, while watching CNN or MSNBC (I can't remember), a question was posed to a person who has had direct contact with Dennis Rader recently. "Does Dennis Rader talk about his family now?" Dennis Rader will only talk about his children and not his now divorced wife. :?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Well, perhaps now, the demon he'll have to live with is a three hundred pound guy with no hair named "bubba" who thinks the BTK guy is attractive...

Dennis Rader will not get the death penalty, because everyone thinks he is just crazy (and his crimes were before 1992 - death penalty was established in 1994). I hope he is repeatedly raped and tortured while in prison. Some speculate he will have a 'prison' death sentence, since some of his victims were children. (I'm going from memory here, so my dates may be a little off).
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:12 pm

Candy wrote:Dennis Rader will not get the death penalty, because everyone thinks he is just crazy.

Dennis Rader will not get the death penalty because Kansas didn't have the death penalty at the time his crimes were committed.

See: Ex Post Facto

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:19 pm

Lance wrote:
Candy wrote:Dennis Rader will not get the death penalty, because everyone thinks he is just crazy.

Dennis Rader will not get the death penalty because Kansas didn't have the death penalty at the time his crimes were committed.

See: Ex Post Facto

Nice research.

He's still a sick son of a bitch! :evil:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Candy wrote:He's still a sick son of a bitch! :evil:

Well, yeah...

I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:28 pm

I'm sorry, no demons are worth taking another life (be it humans or animals). This is why parents should scold children when they behave badly toward animals at a young age. It's a fact, that when kids kill animals - they most likely than not go onto to kill humans. REPORT EARLY VIOLENCE (of animals or humans) TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES! This is not the last time we will hear of a BTK Killer. :(
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Candy wrote:I'm sorry, no demons are worth taking another life (be it humans or animals).

I think the point is that you do it because of the demons, not for them. But I am no expert here.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:53 pm

Lance wrote:
Candy wrote:I'm sorry, no demons are worth taking another life (be it humans or animals).

I think the point is that you do it because of the demons, not for them. But I am no expert here.

The guy possesses no demons. He did it for dominance purposes. If everyone committed killings due to demons, then I bet there would be a ton more murders per year. Clearly, this guy had an ego mission.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:17 pm

And clearly, you know more about this guy, and case, than what they're saying on CNN.

I bow to your expertise.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:27 pm

Lance wrote:And clearly, you know more about this guy, and case, than what they're saying on CNN.

I bow to your expertise.

I know people like him. Thank you for noticing my expertise, though. As if it weren't obvious. :wink:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis Rader wasn't related to me in some way. Seems to be a pattern in my family. Gee, Lance, are you related to me, too, since you sympathize or relate to the fellow?
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby ktesibios » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:39 pm

Something that seems strange is that there aren't any killings definitely attributable to BTK between 1977 and 1986, nor between 1991 and the time of his arrest.

That kind of long hiatus isn't common among serial killers, unless they're jailed, hospitalized or otherwise incapacitated.

I'd guess that there's at least some likelihood that he committed other murders which have not, at least as yet, been identified as his doing. :cry:
ktesibios
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby jfribrg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:06 pm

I wonder what would happen if they do find evidence linking him to a capital crime, perhaps an old murder in a different state, or a more recent murder in Kansas. Would they go to the expense of trying him again just to get a death sentence ? The relatives of his victims would certainly approve, but should the state spend the money (including the millions of dollars of legal costs dealing with the endless appeal process) on a man who will never see the light of day again.
jfribrg
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:08 pm

jfribrg wrote:I wonder what would happen if they do find evidence linking him to a capital crime, perhaps an old murder in a different state, or a more recent murder in Kansas. Would they go to the expense of trying him again just to get a death sentence ? The relatives of his victims would certainly approve, but should the state spend the money (including the millions of dollars of legal costs dealing with the endless appeal process) on a man who will never see the light of day again.

Interesting question...

Didn't they try the young DC Sniper a second time hoping for the death penalty? Wasted a few million dollars and just got another life sentence, IIRC.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:15 pm

Something that seems strange is that there aren't any killings definitely attributable to BTK between 1977 and 1986, nor between 1991 and the time of his arrest.

That kind of long hiatus isn't common among serial killers, unless they're jailed, hospitalized or otherwise incapacitated.

There was some speculation by John Douglas that the wife was somehow providing for his "needs" during the periods of times when there was no killings. John Douglas (a.k.a. the Mind Hunter) was an FBI agent who specialized in serial killers.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby jfribrg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:18 pm

Lance wrote:
jfribrg wrote:I wonder what would happen if they do find evidence linking him to a capital crime, perhaps an old murder in a different state, or a more recent murder in Kansas. Would they go to the expense of trying him again just to get a death sentence ? The relatives of his victims would certainly approve, but should the state spend the money (including the millions of dollars of legal costs dealing with the endless appeal process) on a man who will never see the light of day again.

Interesting question...

Didn't they try the young DC Sniper a second time hoping for the death penalty? Wasted a few million dollars and just got another life sentence, IIRC.

I forget the details, but there is a difference in that Malvo fought the charges and his age could be a factor in consideration of appeals and the like. For him, having 2 convictions in two different jurisdictions makes it doubly hard for him to walk free even if one of the convictions is overturned.
jfribrg
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Return to Current Events and Politics