Prediction

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Enzo wrote:There you go again Bill, trying to be slippery.

No one said religious people love war. You know that. What was said was that when someone wants to justify a war or feels it is justified, this fellow will claim support from God. WHen he talks of how his life is based upon his religion, that is the other side of his coin.

You know, we are at war. We are at war with crazed thiests who think that God is on their side. It would be favorable to fight them with equal conviction. If that means having someone at the head who is equally a religious zelot, fighting fire with fire is favorable to being passive and hoping they will apreeciate our kind nature. That did not work. That is what has gotten us into our mess in the first place. On the other hand, the troop increase has lead to the most peaceful and stable month we have had in Iraq in 4 years.

Enzo wrote:I have not been following the rhetoric on either side. Let them all posture without me. I came to my conclusions about Huckabee all on my own.

You are too busy trying to cram everyone into stereotypes you can't consider someone disagreeing with you. AS you are well aware, I never labelled all Baptists, all Christians, or all neocons anything. I labelled Mike Huckabee, and I label Bush. Further inferences are in your head.

OK. But my point is that he does not seem to be that kind of a guy from what I have seen of him so far. I have to wonder if you are not looking. But on the other hand, maybe you have seen something that I have yet to find.
Bush -- as unbelievable as it might seem -- did not want to go to war.

Thanks Bill, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a month. W was planning this war from day 1. It just didn't work out like he planned.

That is something I have heard from time to time. Where did you hear this? Can you cite your sources?

If it is true, why did he say he agonized about the invasion. Was that a lie?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:43 am

Yes, Bill, it was a lie. It was typical conservative correctness. When he was running for his first term, around here we predicted he would immediately start to "bail out" his daddy's name. And so it came to pass.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 am

I was sure all the heads of all the christians sects have said that the bible is not to be intrepreted literally. Could it be that your church was just one of the fringe ones clinging on to the old ways?

Bill, did you miss that entire national movement to try to get creationism taught in the public schools?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:58 am

In 1998, then-Arkansas gov. Mike Huckabee spoke at the National Pastors’ Conference, explaining why he entered into politics: "I got into politics because I knew government didn’t have the real answers, that the real answers lie in accepting Jesus Christ into our lives. … I hope we answer the alarm clock and take this nation back for Christ."

There is Mike.

When asked by a young man what Huckabee attributes his recent surge in polls to, Huckabee responded:

"There's only one explanation for it, and it's not a human one. It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of five thousand people... That's honestly why it's happening."

Yes, God is responsible for his surges in the polls.

ANd according to conservative columnist George Will - not usually a ranter -
God so loves Huckabees's politics that He worked a midwestern miracle on his behalf? Should someone so delusional control nuclear weapons?

The jihad you so gleefully look forward to Bill, is not remotely a well reasoned approach to war.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Huckabee does not believe the world is 6000 years old. He said so in the debate. So I do not think he is a true fundamentalist.

Huckabee wants Evolution taught in the schools. This is why Ann Coulter hates him. So I do not think he is a true fundamentalist.

Enzo wrote:Yes, Bill, it was a lie. It was typical conservative correctness. When he was running for his first term, around here we predicted he would immediately start to "bail out" his daddy's name. And so it came to pass.

Can you cite your sources? Without any proof, this sounds too much like a myth. "around here we predicted " is not proof.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 am

It is an opinion Bill, just as the sophomoric trash you post is opinion. My position is as valid as you make your own.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Previous

Return to Current Events and Politics