Reasons John Kerry Lost, Just for the Fun of it

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Reasons John Kerry Lost, Just for the Fun of it

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:15 am

I thought it might be fun to see how many reasons we can think of for why John Kerry lost the last presidential election

#1) Zill Miller's Speach at the RNC

#2) He campaigned as a someone who went to Vietnam willingly but really tried to get out of going before.

#3) He campaigned as a someone who was first pro-war but changed his mind when he got there but the truth is that he protested the war on the campus where he went to school before he went.

can anyone think of any others?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:23 am

He was a NE liberal who was a bigger duffas than George Bush.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:27 am

#4) The book "Unfit for COmmand" I bought it and read it. It presented a pretty good case. Now, today people are saying that it was untrue. It looked true to me. It had everthing listed that could be verified with official documents. Now, let's suppose it is untrue, all Kerry had to do was to sign the release to expose his official war record. He never did.

#5)He never signed the release to expose his official military record while Bush actually did. Yep. You would not know that if you only watched Dan Rather and CBS.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:52 am

Or the unrelenting "Swift Boat" attacks promulgated by Karl Rove et al. The former officer who claimed Kerry was never fired upon and his medals were therefore bogus was in the same firefight. SO either BOTH he and Kerry were under fire, or neither was, so any decorations for Kerry would be just as legit as for the other guy.

John was not a good campaigner. WHile the Bush team continued with a constant barrage of feel good sloganeering.

While we are digging up irrelevancies from the past, what happened to Adelai Stevenson? WHy did he lose?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:01 am

Enzo wrote:
While we are digging up irrelevancies from the past, what happened to Adelai Stevenson? WHy did he lose?

I don't know. Did you read "unfit for command"? It was written by the guy who Kerry debated on the the Dick Cavat show. and the Swift Boat ads seemed to be taken right out of that book. This connection to Carl Rowe seems fishy. Can you elaborate?

I suggest you read that book. I don't see the Karl Rowe connection. Was there one really? I remember seeing a huge diagram on how one person knew another person. But that seemed a little far fetched. But I might be wrong.

Anyway, back to the list:

#6) The book "Winter Soldier". Now, if you are running for president, and you wrote a book, wouldn't you want that book to be made public? Instead Kerry told the publisher not to reprint the book or make it public. The surviving copies did make it to the internet. It was back when Kerry was the head of "Veterians Against the War"" and he wrote this book with stories in it of crimes that Veterians had made in vietnam. The big problem with the book is that the accounts are false and people have now found that the people who recant stories made them up and were never in Vietnam. This seems to be why Kerry wants everyone to forget the book. So we have "Unfit for command" with quotes by veterians who had really been in Vietnam and we have another book, "Winter Soldier" with quotes from people who had never been to vietnam.

#7) THE SENATE FOREIGN RELATIONS COMMITTEE, APRIL 22, 1971. Since Kerry only told hear-say stories at The Senate Foreigne Relations Committee in APRIL 22, 1971 and since the accounts in the book Winter Solder has been shown to be from peace activists who were not in Vietnam, it is suspicious if Kerry was truthful when he told of horrors commited by Americans in Vietnam and I remember hearing that vets have said he was not.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Paracelsus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:26 am

If we are dragging up Kerry's war record, why not compare his with Dubya's and Cheney's?

At least Kerry didn't use his wealth to get out of serving in a CZ during war time. Cheney got out via a college exemption, as many did. Bush got out of it by serving a joke of a tour in the AFNG, which his family's political connections got him--and which was nothing more than a cover for him to hobnob with Repub party bigwigs, no actual 'service' to his country required.

Perhaps the Republican party, and the country, would be better served by focusing on current issues rather than dragging up Vietnam war service records that nobody gives a rat's-ass about.

Of course Rove is now out of favor with the Repub party, so we may see a change of tactics from the usual mud-slinging in 2008--or not.
Paracelsus
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 am

Paracelsus wrote:If we are dragging up Kerry's war record, why not compare his with Dubya's and Cheney's?

Kerry's ads seemed focused on him being a legit Vietman war hero. No one I know wants to talk about Vietnam until Kerry brought it up. So when people question it, it seems like an unfair trick to somehow compare it to his opponents. Sure Bush got an easy brake in the Air National Guard, but he actually did what he said he did and he even signed a release so the press could see that he met his requirements. There were a set number of times he needed to fly for so many years and he met the requirements. I recall that the libs went over all that with a fine tooth comb.

They wanted so badly to find something so bad that it would make Kerry's efforts to keep from going to Vietnam (remember I went over that) look innocent. So Dan Rather jumped at the chance to report some uncovered new documents. Too bad they were fake.

(by the way, I am just saying why Kerry lost, don't shoot the messenger)

If you never saw Zell Miller's speech, here it is. When someone from your own party says he is going to support the other guy, it just looks bad.

Zell Miller Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_t_9d8L70U
Zell Miller Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HjSAZ3k_w
Zell Miller Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYCKczyWjko

And here is one report on Kerry trying to dodge the draft:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wstop.html
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:23 am

There will always be Roves. A generation or so ago it was Lee Atwater. Just as we have an endless supply of strident right wing radio talk show hosts. They all learn the formula and trot it out on the air waves.

The Swift boat group were advised by their attorney, who just coincidently was also an attorney in the White House.

Yes, the guy used the same lies in his book that he did when speaking publicly.

Not only did W get his spot in the Guard, he trained as a pilot, then in the middle of his training asked for a transfer to another state SO HE COULD WORK ON AN ELECTION CAMPAIGN. SO much for the megabucks invested in his training.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:00 am

This might sound extreme but do you know how Castro got into power? It was because Cuba was sick of the right-wing dufus they had running the country. Castro looked good, he sounded good, but noone really listened to what he was saying or read the book he wrote, or, for that matter, really knew he was a communist.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: Reasons John Kerry Lost, Just for the Fun of it

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:37 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:can anyone think of any others?

He's kind-of a douche.

Just saying...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 am

The expression on his face when he ate that Phillie Cheese Steak.

Walking into a southern sporting goods store and saying, "Can I get me a hunting licence here?"
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Current Events and Politics