News from Jena

Discussions of things currently in the news.

News from Jena

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:03 am

Put yourself in the place of the kid going to school one day and you see a hangman's rope hanging from the tree by some retard and you KNOW it is directed towards YOU. How would YOU feel?

Now, lets say those kids were identified and kicked out of school. Ok, so, maybe I would not go insanely angry then.

But wait, there's more!

The kids are returned back to school.

I am just hearing about this stuff for the first time on TV.

What blows my mind is these "people" saying "ya'll be blowin' awl dis outa proportion".

Man oh man, the only silver lining is knowing that Louisiana is the lowest in education and Jena is about as back-woods as you can get there.

If it was me and some ******* (that is some unwritten 7 letter word) hung a rope from the tree as a message to me, my first thought would be (1) "that is a threat to my life" and the second thing I would be thinking is (2) wouldn't the court consider some things to be justifiable homicide?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:07 pm

Who is Jena?

Do you mean Jenna Morasca, from Survivor: Amazon?

You want to do what with her in a tree?

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:03 pm

While you are correct in assuming that the noose hung from a tree is a grave insult (and dangerous, too), most of the facts of this case have been either under-reported or not reported at all.

The escalation of violence in this situation at the school is abhorrent. However, many of the incidents that have been lumped together have nothing to do with each other and the responses will probably have little or no effect on calming things down or smoothing over race relations.

For as far as we have supposedly come in this country (in our race relations), we have still have a long way to go. Unfortunately, over-playing the race card will not help, nor will jumping into the fray without doing research.

In short, stupidity tends to breed stupidity. What is needed is a calm, rational response to the incidents and those who indeed caused/participated in those incidents need to be dealt with accordingly. Across the board - no exceptions. And those who fan the flames also need to be held accountable, in whatever way possible.

However, due to precedence, I feel we'll probably fall short on all accounts.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 am

Lance wrote:Who is Jena?

Do you mean Jenna Morasca, from Survivor: Amazon?

You want to do what with her in a tree?

Jesus...she looks good cleaned up and not begging for chocolate.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Current Events and Politics