France's Foreign Minister Urges Preparation for Iran War

Discussions of things currently in the news.

France's Foreign Minister Urges Preparation for Iran War

Postby Мастер » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:35 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09 ... index.html

I wonder if France and Germany will go in without UN authorization, and if there will be protests all across the US...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Superluminal » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:27 am

Sarkozy said the options are Iran with the bomb or ba ba ba bomb bomb Iran!

I've read that about 60-70% of the Iranian people are on the U.S.'s side, because they are tired of their gov. Iran is, or was a rather westernized country before becoming a theocracy. So, if we attack, we have to be very carefull not to turn the people against us. I wouldn't be concerned if Iran had nuke power, if we could trust the gov. not to make bombs to use against the U.S. or our allies.

The intellagence info I read seems to as bad or worse than what we had before the Iraq invasion. According to some stuff I've read, they should have had nukes two years ago. Other sources say anywhere from 2-10 years or never. So what really is their status on developing WMB's?
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:51 pm

WMBs = Weapons of Mass Boom?
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:11 am

Super - I'm with you there. Whatever is stated within "intelligence" or from the IAEA, you can be assured that Ahmadinejad has said something completely different, exagerated, denied, or otherwise contradicted them. And I wonder if HE knows himself!

Yes, bombing them would be a mistake. I think we should open relations with them, offer economic incentives and generally buy their friendship, thereby undermining the influence of the Mullahs. Given the choice to buy stuff, think and say what you want, and generally be "western" or to live under sharia law, most peoples seem to come around to "our" side, unless we manage to bomb them before then.

But I don't disagree that we'll manage to fuck this up somehow.

Sigh ...

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: France's Foreign Minister Urges Preparation for Iran War

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:28 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:... and if there will be protests all across the US...

Oh please..."Mommy, Jimmy isn't playing fair!" while the world falls apart is irrelevant in the big picture on the nature of the problem. I'd love to see them go in and whip their ass, and if the "UN" denies authorization then it's obvious where the "UN" stands on world issues and how to deal with them. (specifically the middle east) However, this is if France does this in an appropriate, edumacated manner. It's about time someone else other then the US gets into the mix. I was starting to get bored.

Wait until a serious problem exists after smacking hands, then cluster fuck it in an attempt to make it better idea has failed. Next...I'm open minded to new strategy.

(Yes, I'm kidding...to an extent)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Re: France's Foreign Minister Urges Preparation for Iran War

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:40 am

Do they know Iran is huge?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:04 am

Iran a mile once...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Current Events and Politics