police, FBI scramble to repel Mooninite infiltration

Discussions of things currently in the news.

police, FBI scramble to repel Mooninite infiltration

Postby The Beer Slayer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm sure you've all heard about this by now.

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_ ... 35507.html

BOSTON The suspicious devices which forced bomb units to scramble across Boston today were actually magnetic lights that are part of a marketing campaign for a television cartoon.

The reports forced the temporary shutdowns of Interstate 93 out of the city, a key inbound roadway, a bridge between Boston and Cambridge, and a portion of the Charles River but were quickly determined not to be explosive.

"It's a hoax -- and it's not funny," Gov. Deval Patrick said.

All of the devices are magnetic lights which resemble a character on the show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", on Turner Broadcasting's Cartoon Network.

More photos here

I plead the Fifth, but if you want to get pushy I'll plead the Second.
The Beer Slayer
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 pm

No, I hadn't heard of that.

ROTFLMAO!!!
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:28 pm

I heard this on the radio driving from work today, it's hilarious how pathetically paranoid we still are 5+ years since the last attack... :roll:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:16 am

Thank goodness we've invested so many billions of dollars in Homeland Security to deal with the enormous threat posed by those evil subversive cartoon promoters and their LEDs of mass destruction. :roll:

I noticed they've charged two people with the (scare quote) "hoax" (scare quote). Can it still be considered a hoax if any reasonable person with half of a functioning brain could determine the devices to be harmless after a quick five second inspection?
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 am

This perfectly reminds me of the moment when Joe Dirt finds out that his Meteorite is actually a big lump of shit.

Priceless.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:30 am

Is it still a hoax if the people planting the thingies never meant for peple to think of them as bombs? :roll:
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:45 pm

hippietrekx wrote:Is it still a hoax if the people planting the thingies never meant for peple to think of them as bombs? :roll:

The City Officials that made the call have to cover their asses somehow. :roll:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:27 am

The youth today seem to feel the need to keep up with the 60's generation of experimenting with drugs and general slacking. At least that is my impression of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. That or since all the major wars (no, Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT a major wars) are over, the youth of today is bored out of its scull and getting mildly psychotic as a consequence. With no meaning or purpose to their life they find camaraderie with a cartoon with absolutely no meaning or purpose.

I mean, of course in the post 9-11 people are going to be concerned with little boxes with blinking lights. Hell, sure they looked dopey. What better disguise for a terrorists bomb than dopey blinking lights in the form of a stupid character? The young men who planted them and the executives who had the idea to plant them have somehow lost all logical neurological function.

Youth might be wasted on the young. But now I think we have turned a corner and the future is wasted by the next generation.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:27 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:The youth today seem to feel the need to keep up with the 60's generation of experimenting with drugs and general slacking. At least that is my impression of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. That or since all the major wars (no, Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT a major wars) are over, the youth of today is bored out of its scull and getting mildly psychotic as a consequence. With no meaning or purpose to their life they find camaraderie with a cartoon with absolutely no meaning or purpose.

I mean, of course in the post 9-11 people are going to be concerned with little boxes with blinking lights. Hell, sure they looked dopey. What better disguise for a terrorists bomb than dopey blinking lights in the form of a stupid character? The young men who planted them and the executives who had the idea to plant them have somehow lost all logical neurological function.

Youth might be wasted on the young. But now I think we have turned a corner and the future is wasted by the next generation.

Your generation was the first to totally fuck it up, so don't even.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:41 am

Dragon Star wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:The youth today seem to feel the need to keep up with the 60's generation of experimenting with drugs and general slacking. At least that is my impression of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. That or since all the major wars (no, Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT a major wars) are over, the youth of today is bored out of its scull and getting mildly psychotic as a consequence. With no meaning or purpose to their life they find camaraderie with a cartoon with absolutely no meaning or purpose.

Your generation was the first to totally fuck it up, so don't even.
Totally fuck what up, Captain Coherent? The future? If it was possible to fuck up a characteristic of time, we would deserve a merit badge from the Tralfamadorians. It would be something to be proud of.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:01 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Totally fuck what up, Captain Coherent? The future?

The present, dumb-ass. :roll:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Dragon Star wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:Totally fuck what up, Captain Coherent? The future?

The present, dumb-ass. :roll:

:lol: count your blessings.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:47 am

The real sad part is its not even a very good cartoon! I mean Frylock is kinda funny because he looks like Satan but Meatwad is so annoying I can barely stand to watch the show.
A cartoon like, "The Venture Brothers", now thats funny.

*wanders off to admire Brock Sampsons cartoon pecs*
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:20 am

teri tait wrote:The real sad part is its not even a very good cartoon! I mean Frylock is kinda funny because he looks like Satan but Meatwad is so annoying I can barely stand to watch the show.
A cartoon like, "The Venture Brothers", now thats funny.

*wanders off to admire Brock Sampsons cartoon pecs*

The voice of meatwad is annoying too.

Some younger guy at the office liked the show and had his computer wallpaper showind these characters. I asked him to explain why he liked the show and he said it was "just like he thinks" and it was "stream of consciousness".

In other words, it rambled and flowed without a rudder or direction.

Anyone want to discuss "hair styles of the 1970s"?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:05 am

Somebody should make a cartoon out of the graphic novel, "5 fists of Science" now that would be an excellent cartoon show I would love to see on TV.
Not just because it stars Nikola Tesla either, but yeah, mostly because of that. :P
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Current Events and Politics