GAO report confirms key 2004 stolen election findings

Discussions of things currently in the news.

GAO report confirms key 2004 stolen election findings

Postby Lance » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:49 pm

Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman wrote:Powerful Government Accountability Office report confirms key 2004 stolen election findings
by Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman
October 26, 2005

As a legal noose appears to be tightening around the Bush/Cheney/Rove inner circle, a shocking government report shows the floor under the legitimacy of their alleged election to the White House is crumbling.

The latest critical confirmation of key indicators that the election of 2004 was stolen comes in an extremely powerful, penetrating report from the Government Accountability Office that has gotten virtually no mainstream media coverage.

The government's lead investigative agency is known for its general incorruptibility and its thorough, in-depth analyses. Its concurrence with assertions widely dismissed as "conspiracy theories" adds crucial new weight to the case that Team Bush has no legitimate business being in the White House.

But the GAO report now confirms that electronic voting machines as deployed in 2004 were in fact perfectly engineered to allow a very small number of partisans with minimal computer skills and equipment to shift enough votes to put George W. Bush back in the White House.

Given the growing body of evidence, it appears increasingly clear that's exactly what happened.

Read the whole story
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:21 pm

I, as an enigneer, am not going to say it couldn't have happened but I would like to read the raw report instead of this filtered article.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:18 pm

Bill EE wrote:I, as an enigneer, am not going to say it couldn't have happened but I would like to read the raw report instead of this filtered article.

It just so happens that, conveniently located at the bottom of the article, is a link to the GAO report:
Federal Efforts to Improve Security and Reliability of Electronic Voting Systems Are Under Way, but Key Activities Need to Be Completed

Oh sheesh...

Um, Bill?

As an engineer, is it okay to misspell engineer?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Re: GAO report confirms key 2004 stolen election findings

Postby Bob B. » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:28 pm

But the GAO report now confirms that electronic voting machines as deployed in 2004 were in fact perfectly engineered to allow a very small number of partisans with minimal computer skills and equipment to shift enough votes to put George W. Bush back in the White House.

I guess this means that everyone with minimal computer skills is a republican; else partisan democrats would have done the same thing for their candidate.
Webmaster, Rocket & Space Technology

Skeptics are the consumer advocates in the marketplace of ideas -JayUtah
Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby MM_Dandy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:19 am

A voting machine in Mahoning County recorded a negative 25 million votes for Kerry. The problem was allegedly fixed.

Interesting...Let's say that this machine in Mahoning County was in one of the polling stations that stayed open late (2 am?). That means that it was open to voting for 64,800 seconds. 25 million votes / 64,800 seconds = 385.8 votes per second.

Of course, I'm not sure what kind of hanky-panky they believe some Repuklican computer idiot savant was up to on this one...but then again...

You know, corporate accounts is sure as hell gonna notice $305,326.13 Michael!

Edit: By the way, where did The Free Press come up with this 'fact,' anyway? It doesn't seem to have come from the GAO report.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Bill EE » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:21 pm

As an engineer, is it okay to misspell engineer?

Not only is it okay - it is a requirement! We misspell proudly and often!

But I have to admit, I missed the link. I'll start reading.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Bill EE » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:53 pm

I finally read the report and it lacks what I was really looking for - that is something that supported the original headline (i.e. the election was stolen). It is mostly talking about the need for better requirements and standards in voting machine design (duh!).
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:56 pm

That figures. If the headline were true, we would probably find out about it on other than fringe web sites.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Мастер » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:45 pm

Lance wrote:That figures. If the headline were true, we would probably find out about it on other than fringe web sites.

Not at all, the mainstream media are in the pocket of the government and would suppress such a finding, just like they suppressed Watergate...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:02 pm

You know, I'd been wondering where you've been lately, KOS. Now I see you've spent a little too much time on GLP.

Friends: It may be time for an intervention.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Мастер » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:40 pm

Lance wrote:You know, I'd been wondering where you've been lately, KOS.

Airport. My flight was delayed.

Now I see you've spent a little too much time on GLP.

To date, I have never posted there, and probably have not spent more than 15 minutes cumulative lifetime reading there. Your tinaswach thread is positively civilized by GLP standards though.

Friends: It may be time for an intervention.

Or maybe just time to make my humor less subtle. The media exposed Watergate :D
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:56 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:The media exposed Watergate :D

D'Oh! I guess I was up too late last night.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Current Events and Politics